Learn about NuhopTake a Virtual Tour Signup for our Newsletter Submit a Nuhop Memory
To provide a safe, nurturing, dynamic learning environment where people are empowered to succeed.
- We must respect individuality. Every person is gifted with unique learning styles, talents, aspirations, strengths and weaknesses. All of these characteristics must be recognized and respected.
- Self awareness is a product of change and risk.
- Teamwork and multiple approaches effectively solve problems.
- Physical and emotional safety is our highest priority.
- Experiential Education fosters important life skills: communication, cooperation, and empathy.
- “Camp Nuhop Magic” should generate closeness, understanding, sharing, and trust.
In accordance with our Mission & Beliefs, campers are placed within a compatible group of children with similar needs. In our structured programs, campers receive a specialized placement with staff who understand their individuality. Our staff teaches self-awareness, social development, and creates a safe environment where friendships can be made.