9th Annual Fuzzy Fandango
UPDATED Oct 29th, 2018
The Fuzzy Fandango is a trail running event scheduled for Saturday, November 10th, 2018. The event will encourage runners of all abilities to enjoy the Mohican Region by running a great network of trails.
We have limited spots open
This year's distances will include 5K, 9M, 25K and 50K.
- 50K - 6:45pm – Bus Transport to Clearfork Adventure Park with a 7:30 am race start
- 25K - 8:00am
- 9M - 8:30am
- 5K - 9:00am
- Family Fun Run - 10:00am
To register for this year's race, click the button below.Register Online – 2018 Fuzzy Fandango
Trail Maps5k 9mi 25k 50k
NEW THIS YEAR - The 50 K is a single loop!!!!
All 50 K runners will park at Nuhop, load bus and vans at 6:30 a.m with transportation leaving at 6:45 a.m for Clearfork Adventure Park where the race will begin!
Transports will leave at 6:45 sharp!!!
50 K runners will run from Clearfork Adventure Park into the Clearfork Scenic Trail onto Pleasant Hill Road to Muskingum Watershed Trails to Malabar Farm, back to Watershed Trails and onto Nuhop.
At Nuhop 50 K runners will go through race finish to get 25k split and then its off to the remaining 25k of the course.
Location of the event:
Where: Camp Nuhop
Address: 1077 Township Road 2916
Perrysville, OH 44864
Schedule of Events:
During Packet Pick Up you can receive a 15% discount on all nutrition and hydration products as well at 15% off on trail shoes.
Vertical Runner is located at 207 South Market Street, Wooster, Ohio 44691. Phone 330.262.3000.
We will also have Race Day Pick up at Nuhop on Saturday morning starting at 6:00 a.m and ending at 8:30 a.m.
We have all had DNF’s or dropped distance in the past. This happens. But what we don’t want to happen is for you to not tell us. If you drop, get picked up at an aide station from one of our volunteers or a supporter please let us know! If you were planning on the 50 k and after the first 25 k you hear the party and want to skip the second half of the course. We won’t judge you, just let us know!
Why do we need to know, because if we don’t know we think you are still on the course and we want to be sure you are safe. So who do you tell?
You can either stop by the timing truck (trailer) and tell the Vertical Runner Team or you can call or text this number: 419.651.3820. Our logistics team will be using this to keep all runners safe!
If you know the area, please consider parking at Mohican Lodge and walking over to camp. This would be so helpful!
- Parking for the 50k runners will be located at the camp's main property inside the gates. Nuhop is located at 1077 Township Road 2916, Perrysville, OH 44864
- Parking for the 25 k runners will be outside the main gate in the field before Nuhop's main gate. Use directions for Nuhop above! Overflow parking will be at our beach property and will be a short .5 mile walk to the main property!
- Parking for the 5 k and 9 m runners will be at Mohican Lodge and Conference Center located at 1098 Ashland County Road 3006, Perrysville, OH 44864. Park in the upper parking lot to the left and bottom right parking lot to the right. Signs will direct you to Nuhop. This will be a short hike that will take you over a section of the Fuzzy Course (So watch out for runners)!
Parking is at a premium so please consider carpooling with your friends and family! That would be so helpful.
Kegs & Post Race Chili will be available starting at 10:00 a.m.
- We will mark the course with flags.
- The flags will be white and pink.
- Always follow the flags to your right.
- At curves the flags will curve the direction you should go.
- If you see flags on your right and left, this is an out and back section, just follow the ones to your right.
- We will also mark the course with directional arrows.
- If there is no writing on the arrows, that means all distances are on that section.
- If there is writing, pay attention to what is written as these are splits for the different distances. For example, early in the course the 9 mile folks split left and the 5 k, 25k and 50 k course goes right. This would be indicated on the signs.
If you are considering a distance change, please reach out to vertical runner race management. You can reach the race timing team at - email@example.com.
Where can I stay?
Nuhop is booked but we do have a block of rooms available at Mohican Resort and Conference Center. The Rooms are a $89 rate plus tax and tech – rooms with 2 double beds. The block is held in The Fuzzy Fandango Race. Please call: 800-282-7275 and ask for the Fuzzy Fandango Race block at Mohican to make a reservation. The agent can make their reservation and will ask for a credit card to secure payment.